Why Solar Energy?
Solar energy is a clean, easy and effective way of generating power without paying thousands of dollars in electricity costs or damaging the environment with the overuse of fossil fuels to power generators. By generating your own energy supply from the sun with our range of portable solar and portable power solutions, you will be able to provide enough power for your electronic appliances whenever you travel or don’t have access to a main power outlet. Our solar power products are great for everyone whether you are camping, travelling, offgrid workers, emergency services, weather events, or just want the peace of mind of having an emergency power supply for backup whenever you might need it.
- It’s a completely renewable resource. Sunlight is a natural source of power and one that we will never run out of, making it renewable as well as sustainable. This is unlike fossil fuels, which is currently what most people use to supply power.
- It’s good for the environment. Our efficient solar power solutions create a reliable source of power without producing global warming pollution or emissions. This makes it one of the most environmentally-friendly sources of electricity, compared to oil which releases harmful greenhouse gases, carcinogens and carbon dioxide when it is burnt by noisy generators to produce power. In addition, the use of portable solar power products eliminates the need for not only a main power supply but also for constantly replacing batteries. The overuse of batteries is also causing a significant amount of damage to the environment because of the toxic chemicals inside them that are very difficult to break down, causing soil and water pollution and endangering wildlife.
- It produces energy silently. These silent energy producers make no noise as they are generating sunlight into electricity, making them perfect for outdoor use. Much better than the deafening scream of a generator under full load using our solar generators you won’t bother anyone nearby, and won’t affect the natural quiet of the outdoors whenever you use your portable solar power products.
- It will save you money. After the initial cost of the product there are no ongoing costs to run or maintain it. Sunlight is free, and you’ll be able to keep harnessing the energy from the sun without having to keep paying for electricity or fuel for your generator. This will save you a lot of money over time.
- It’s consistent and reliable. The sun is consistent and will always be there, making solar power an extremely reliable source of power. Your portable solar power products will store energy from the sun so you’ll be able to use it for power even when there is no actual sunlight. This means that even at night or on cloudy days, you’ll still have a consistent and reliable power supply.
- It doesn’t require any maintenance. Solar power products require little to no maintenance in order to keep them running effectively. There are no moving parts in a solar cell, which means it is nearly impossible to really damage them and easy to maintain them. Your convenient portable solar power solutions will last a very long time minimal maintenance, and you also don’t need to carry around cans of fuel or oil to keep them powered while you’re on the move.
How Solar Energy Works?
The sun generates solar photovoltaic (PV) electricity for your solar power products by using a cell of semiconductor material which creates an electrical voltage when it is exposed to the sun’s energy. This is the same as how household rooftop solar panels generate electricity. Our solar panels are simply more flexible and portable to allow easy use and storage, but they work in exactly the same way as glass solar panels would on your rooftop.
An effective solar power system produces a reliable and efficient power source through a relatively simple process. The solar panel is made up of solar cells, and when sunlight enters the solar cells the energy from the sun charges electrons, causing them to move through a thin layer of wiring in a particular direction. As these electrons move through the wiring, they create electricity that powers your electrical devices.
This convenient and clean power source means you can keep your devices charged when you’re outdoors or travelling, and a wall power outlet isn’t available. They are ideal as an emergency power source, when severe weather or blackouts cause main power grids to shut down, and in remote areas where power grids are scarce. If you’re camping, hiking, or going walkabout in a remote area then you no longer have to carry a gas fuelled generator with you along with extra fuel. These fantastic portable energy sources mean you can have electricity while you’re on the move without emitting any fumes or pollutants that can severely harm the environment. As they are also completely silent when they are running, you won’t disturb the natural quiet of your environment or bother your neighbours with noisy generators.
With our portable solar power solutions you can stay connected and comfortable even when you’re off the grid, no matter where you are or what time of day it is. You don’t need sunlight for your solar portable power product to work, because the sun’s energy will be stored in the batteries for you to use at night or when it’s cloudy. This clean, quiet and convenient source of energy is the perfect solution for anyone who is on the move and wants a reliable power source they can carry with them at all times, or if you just want the peace of mind of an emergency power supply that you can use as a dependable backup in a blackout.
Why Harness and Store Solar Energy?
With Rolasolar’s powerful portable solar power solutions you can harness and store the power of the sun for your personal use. Our technology advancements allow our exclusive products to get you more power with more ease, bringing portability, convenience and efficiency to a whole new level. Easy to use and easy to move, we are confident that our products will meet all your portable solar power needs and make your life on the move a whole lot easier.
It takes the sun only 75 minutes to provide the same amount of energy that the world currently consumes in a year. The energy-efficiency and effectiveness of solar power is incomparable to any other source of energy, and now you can have the power of the sun even when you’re away from home and on the go with our range of convenient portable solar power solutions.
Our passion for and knowledge about convenient solar solutions make us the top choice for all your portable solar power needs.
What is Portable Solar Power?
Portable solar power is the perfect solution for when you’re on the move. If you want clean, quiet, sustainable power while you’re away from home then this is the answer. With its energy-efficiency, flexibility, convenience and reliability, there is no better option than portable solar power for all your off grid or emergency power supply needs.
Whether you’re travelling the outback, camping, fishing, boating, an offsite worker, or are just outdoors a lot and need a reliable power source away from the grid, Rolasolar has exactly what you need. We have a huge range including; roll-out solar charge kits, Stick-on solar panels, solar generators, power packs, batteries and battery boxes, battery monitors and much more, so you can be sure to find your perfect portable solar power solution. Using only the highest quality components and materials in all our products, and our affiliation with the most trusted and reputable brands in the world, we can provide you with a portable power supply that best suits your needs and requirements.
What is a Solar Charge Kit?
Our uniquely designed roll-out solar charge kits are built to withstand the severe conditions of the great outdoors, built for convenience and performance. They are lightweight and portable and can be taken with you wherever you go, bringing you reliable solar power when you’re on the move. Easy to assemble and packed with the very latest in solar technology, they are durable to withstand the great outdoors.
All our solar charge kits come fully equipped with flexible glass-free roll-out solar panels, an MPPT charge controller, all connecting leads and storage bags. They are available in 50, 100, 200 watts and can also be custom build to customer requirements.
What is a Solar Generator?
When the term 'solar generator' is used to simply describe the solar power generation through solar panels, their is plenty of information available to explain this usage. Here we would like to explain when the term 'solar generator is used to describe an all in one device that generates power and stores it for later use. This type product term has become common on the market in recent years and coining the term as a 'solar generator'. These can be fixed units or portable for all your off grid power needs.
A solar generator usually contain the following components:
- Solar Panel/s - converts solar energy to electrical energy.
- Charge Controller - regulates the charge power to the battery.
- Battery - stores the energy for use at any time of the day. Lithium batteries are the most commonly used batteries because of their long life-span and affordability but some use lead acid batteries which save in cost at the expense of weight and have a shorter life-span.
- DC Converter - converts battery voltage for use for charging and operating USB, 12v and other DC products.
- Inverter - converts the stored DC power to AC for household appliance use.
Advantages of a Solar Generator
- No fumes,
- No noise - silent power,
- No fuel storage required - charged by the sun, and
- No ongoing fuel or maintenance costs.
Disadvantages of a solar generator
- Usually high cost upfront,
- Solar power is needed for charging though most can be charged by other power sources, and
- High power items like air conditioners and heating devices generally can not be powered by a portable solar generator and usually require the use of a fuel generator or fixed power source.
What can you Power with a Solar Generator?
This depends on the size of the internal battery and inverter, though generally all products like laptops, tablets, phones, fridges, power tools and other household products can be charged or powered. Most solar generators can also power the device at the same time of being charged by the sun.
What is the Solarpod?
Harnessing solar energy is one thing, but storing it is another. Batteries are one alternative, however this is generally in the form of fixed heavy lead acid type which are not truly portable and only supplies 12v DC power. This limits what devices can be powered and charged. The Solarpod solar powered generator supplies you with a lighweight LiFePo4 (Lithium) battery and the inverter in one which is charged by the sun and provides USB, 12v DC and 240V AC clean house power on the go. Truly portable power which is easy to use and easy to take with you wherever you go.
Solarpod offers a wide range of revolutionary solar power storage generators to keep you plugged in and your mind at ease. Whether you need backup power in a power grid outage or a portable generator for your campsite, Solarpod is the product to keep you connected and powered up. Included in the Solarpod range is the Solarpod 240, the most powerful lightweight unit on the market, the portable power station of the Solarpod 1K, used by emergency services, and the small electronic device solar charger the Helios. There is sure to be a Solar powered storage generator to meet your needs.
What Types of Solar Panels do we Sell?
Our solar panels are completely flexible, available as roll-up panels, stick-on or foldable panels depending on your needs, this handy function differentiates them from the standard glass solar panels and makes them light weight for mobile and portable use. Our portable solar kits can be throw over your car or lay them on the ground or set up as an awning at camp, bring them with you wherever you go to power your portable fridge, charge your phones and power your lighting or the television so you don’t miss that important sports event while you’re outback travels.
We have the Portable Solar Power Solution for you?
Rolasolar not just has its own quality manufactured roll out flexible solar panel charge kits but have strong ties with the world’s top solar power product brands including Merlin Solar, Genasun, P3 Solar, Bogart and other tried and tested brands so you can be confident that you are getting only the highest quality portable solar power products when you shop with us. Our convenient online store is always available 24/7, so you can shop with us at any time of the day or night, and all our trusted products come with a minimum of 12 months warranty so you can rest assured that they are made to endure even the toughest outdoor conditions.
Have you heard of Solar Lights?
Here at Rolasolar we also provide a range of low energy lighting including light bars and strips and solar security lights. Browse our solar lights to find the right solar powered lighting solution for you.
What Solar and portable power Accessories to we Sell?
Our range of solar accessories include custom low power leads, solar and power cables, battery monitors and watt meters. Visit our online store to find all your portable solar power needs in one convenient place.
Do we sell Touring and Camping Gear?
We have a range of touring and camping products which some are unique and innovative in design. These include products like the BBQ stove cooker stands for the Weber and Ziggy and RacksBrax for removing your vehicle awning in seconds.